Friday, March 4, 2011

DSL siemens speadstream 4100 to eHOME EH100 WirelessG router setup

I recently shifted to AT&T DSL and observed a very peculiar behavior when I connected eHOME EH100 wireless router. The wireless connection gets disconnected roughly every 2 hours and I need to power cycle the router. I used the same router with cable modem earlier and never had any issues with my wireless connection. I researched quite a bit in the internet but found some information but not exactly what I was looking for. Part of the reason is due to older eHome EH100 router. I heard eHome merged with D-Link and I do not see much support for this router. The simple solution I found in many sites is to replace the router.

But after talking to the AT&T technical support I got a link to

How do I connect a third party router to my AT&T Internet connection (Linksys, Belkin, etc.)?


I followed the instructions on this link:
1. Configure bridge mode in the DSL modem.
    For speadstream 4100 DSL modem, selecting PPP location to PPP on computer.
   Go here for detailed instructions: 

How do I set up Home Networking and Enable Bridge Mode?

2. I have opened D-Link setup as eHome setup looked similar to me.
   Entered the initial admin password as described there
3. I've clicked on the manual configure option:

MANUAL INTERNET CONNECTION OPTIONS :

If you would like to configure the Internet and Wireless settings of your new eHome Networking Wireless G Router manually, then click on the Manual Configure button below.

4. I have selected My internet connection as PPPoE and also selected Dynamic PPPoE and provided AT&T DSL user-id/password authentication details as shown in this snapshot.

The wireless connection is up since 7 hours without any disconnection so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment