Monday, March 14, 2011

How to find Roku IP address

As you may know you can find the Roku IP address by looking at the Roku Settings->PalyerInfo->IP address.
and you may also noticed my earlier post regarding using an Webapp http://www.apps4tv.com/remoku/ to control Roku.

But what if you lost your remote or it is not near to you. I am following this simple trial and error process.
Most of the times my Roku IP address  dynamically changing to one of these IP addresses for my eHome wireless G router.
192.168.0.101
192.168.0.102
192.168.0.103
192.168.0.104
192.168.0.105

If you are not switching off the Roku device then the IP address wont be changing.

12 comments:

  1. I lost my roku remote and i downloaded roku on my android phone...but its asking for IP address of my roku dvp... where do i find that.. thanks and any help will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured out the issue..... On your computer go to network and sharing center. You will see your computer, your network, and the internet. Click on your network. Once inside your router, your computer will see the roku player. Click on it and you'll see the ip address and mac address. All the info that you will need. Make sure network discovery is on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew, thank you so much! My kiddos lost the remote for their Roku and we have turned the house upside down trying to find it! I was a little worried about having the money for a new remote until payday. I found a free app for my phone but it needed the IP address. Your tip helped me find it and now I can rest easy until payday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Drew!! my remote control is not working and I was struggling to find the IP address. Your tip was so simple and helped me a lot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Also, make sure the yellow cord is still connected to the router. I forgot to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are using your Droid as a hot spot for your internet connection, how can you find the Roku ip?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have different internet on my pc and roku so how can i get my ip address?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Entered the Ip address found with your instructions but keeps saying connection failed. Any suggestions. I lost my remote.

    ReplyDelete